Volunteers - We Need You
Posted on 3rd February 2022 at 16:55
Just Be Wellbeing Cafe
The volunteer roles are open to people who are committed to serving our community and supporting the wellbeing of individuals. A basic outline of the roles are below. We hope that volunteers will be able to move between the kitchen and Cafe floor roles on a rota basis (though if a volunteer prefers to remain in on role that is fine too).
We are looking for people who are able to offer their skills, talents, hobbies and passions in our craft activities. We would welcome a range of different crafts from knitting and henna painting, to jewellery and model making. It would be great to offer our community the opportunity to be creative and experience the sense of peace and achievement that brings. The volunteers for the craft activities would bring their expertise in the area and share that with visitors to Just Be Wellbeing Cafe.
We welcome volunteers who are able to offer their time on a regular basis as this helps us to plan and organise the rotas. Regular might be on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or other basis. We are aware that volunteers need holidays, become ill or have times when they are unable to cover their shift. If you are willing to volunteer on an emergency/one off cover basis, that would be good too.
• Prepare and toast sandwiches and panini using a sandwich toaster
• Make tea and coffee
• Slice tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and onions for salad garnish or sandwich filling
• Set out plates, cutlery, serviettes and crockery for serving food
• Load dishwasher and/or wash crockery and cutlery
• Tidy the kitchen after use, ensuring all items put away
• Welcome visitors and show them to a table
• Take food and drink orders
• Serve food and drinks
• Sit, listen and talk with visitors and encourage visitors to talk to each other
• Set up your craft activity
• Provide demonstrations for visitors
• Provide encouragement, support and help visitors to engage in the craft activity
• Listen and talk to visitors
Share this post: